2005-05-20 / News

County Courthouse Closed for Gas Leak May 10

The Mackinac County Courthouse was evacuated owing to a carbon monoxide leak caused by a malfunctioning boiler Tuesday afternoon, May 10.

The St. Ignace Fire Department was called to the courthouse to investigate a possible gas leak and discovered that the boiler had malfunctioned, causing carbon monoxide to leak into the offices in the basement and on the first floor, said Mackinac County Sheriff Scott Strait.

Offices of the 92nd District Court, county clerk, treasurer, register of deeds, and probate court were closed from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. but opened the next day.

Return to top