040p2_xlg.jpg
Every Mackinac Islander whose memory goes back farther than 50 years will remember the Algomah II, the 450-passenger workhorse on the Arnold Line's Mackinaw City-Mackinac Island run. From 1936 until 1960, this coal-fired ferryboat carried travelers from their cars in Mackinaw City to the Island's Arnold Dock. (Photograph courtesy of Tom Pfeiffelmann) 040p2_xlg.jpg


Click here for digital edition
2007-08-18 digital edition