15p4.jpg
This 1817 map of Mackinac Island by Lt. William S. Eveleth shows a cluster of buildings below Fort Mackinac that probably includes the Indian Council house, the building which is believed to have held the first meeting of the Borough of Michilimackinac 200 years ago. (Map courtesy of William Clements Library, Ann Arbor) 15p4.jpg


Click here for digital edition
2017-07-14 digital edition