Mackinac Town Crier

A Look at History

The Round Island Passage Light and the United States Steel Fleet

U.S. Steel In 1947, a light tower rose off the West Breakwater, the stony bank that protects the harbor of Mackinac Island. The Round Island Passage Light was built to hoist a navigation light more than 50 feet above the surface of Lake Huron. The light went into service in the following spring, 1948. It was one of the last […]

Sorry!

This content is only available to online subscribers. Please login below or Subscribe today!